Monday, September 15, 2008

Moodiness

I'm supposed to be studying right now, but I'm not.
Not much is going on in the life of a Laura, mostly I'm being silly and fickle. And perhaps I identify a little too well with those angst-y teens. Which is silly in itself. I realize that there will always be some crazy problem for me to tackle, even if I don't actually name it out loud. But sometimes it hurts to look at other people and see how well they appear to be doing. It makes me feel like I've missed the last "maturity train" that rolled through. It's silly, yes, but sometimes it makes me sad to see how I'm lagging behind on life. I won't graduate on time, I'm not entirely sure what I'm planning on doing with myself, and I have a pretty good idea of who I am, but sometimes I'm scared to let myself be me. What kind of person is afraid to let go and just be who they are?
I think I'm going to work on that whole studying thing now...

No comments: